Here are some commonly asked questions (and answers) about our products and services. If you have a question not covered here, please do contact us
Sterling Silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% by weight of silver and 7.5% by weight of other metals, usually copper. The Sterling Silver standard has a minimum millesimal fineness of 925. Our earwires are Sterling Silver and have a higher than standard silver content.
Silver Plated jewellery is made from a base metal such as copper, brass or white metal, coated in a thin layer of silver. Our jump rings, necklace chains and some of our charms are Silver Plated.
Tibetan Silver refers to a variety of white non-precious metal alloys characterized by an appearance similar to aged or oxidised silver. Our bookmarks and some of our charms are Tibetan Silver.
Tumbled gemstones are smooth, rounded, brightly polished pieces of rocks and minerals. We use tumbled stones in our gemstone bracelets.
The majority of our items contain Silver Plated components. Plated items do tarnish over time however you could follow the following tips to slow the process down:
- Avoid spraying or applying perfume, hairspray or other beauty products whilst wearing your jewellery.
- Avoid wearing your jewellery whilst showering, bathing or leaving them in a hot and steamy environment such as the bathroom.
- Avoid sleeping in your jewellery.
- If your jewellery becomes dull over time, silver polishing cloths are an inexpensive and effective way of returning some sparkle.
- Our jewellery is costume jewellery. We advise you to wear it on special occasions rather than for every day in order to slow the tarnishing process.
For our Sterling Silver jewellery, you can also follow the above tips to keep them looking shiny and new! Avoid wearing your jewellery in the sauna/hot tub as this can oxidise the silver, giving it a darker appearance. Most of our plated items are copper based. Please be aware of this before purchasing.